Preventive dentistry centers around a few core values: Practice good daily oral hygiene, never skip a dental cleaning and avoid sugar. Steering clear of sugary food and drinks is one of the pillars of dentistry.Read on to discover the seven things you need to know about the connection between sugar and tooth health.The mouth is…
Preventive Dentist Treatments
At Impladent Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry, we treat people throughout the Anaheim area and as a preventative dentist, we take our role very seriously. We believe that by helping our patients to maintain healthy teeth and gums today, we are helping our patients to preserve their natural adult teeth throughout their lifetime. Things like untreated gum disease and decay can lead to tooth loss or the need for periodontics care and dental restorations. By providing you with a level of preventative care on an ongoing basis, we can ensure that the likelihood of you suffering from dental pain or tooth loss is greatly reduced. To learn more about our services or to experience the benefit of ongoing dental care call (714) 677-9452 and schedule an appointment with our Anaheim, CA office.
Preventative Dentist Treatments from a 92805 Dentist
- Teeth cleaning. As a preventive dentist in Anaheim, CA, we know that one of the most important things we can do is to provide you with a regular teeth cleaning. By cleaning your teeth twice a year, we can remove plaque and tartar that has built up and ensure that the likelihood of you developing an infection, tooth decay, or gum disease is significantly reduced. Regular teeth cleanings and at-home oral hygiene are the best ways to prevent gum disease and the need for periodontal treatments.
- Dental exams with digital x-rays. We will conduct a physical examination of your mouth and take digital x-rays so that we can get a good look at what is happening inside of your mouth, in your gums, and even with your jawbone. Digital x-rays do not carry the risk of exposure that traditional ones do, making them safer for children and pregnant women.
- Oral cancer screenings. People of all ages are at risk for oral cancer, even those that have never smoked or chewed tobacco. For this reason, we perform oral cancer screenings in our 92805 dental office. This helps to ensure that if you do have cancer, it can be caught early so that you can speak with an oncologist and receive treatments immediately. Oral cancer screenings and early detection can save lives.
- Scaling and root planing. Gum disease is an incredibly common condition and a scaling and root planing procedure is often necessary for treating it. This periodontal procedure allows us to remove the plaque and tartar that has built up on the portion of the teeth below the gums and to smooth out the damaged roots. At Impladent Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry, we perform a scaling and root planing procedure to help your gums to return to good health without requiring invasive measures.
Oral Hygiene Tips
While we can help you to maintain healthy teeth and gums through regular dental appointments, we need you to partner with us on a daily basis by taking care of your teeth and having good oral hygiene. Here are some tips to improve your hygiene at home –
- Brush your teeth twice a day, for two minutes at a time.
- Buy a new toothbrush every three months.
- Drink plenty of water to ensure that you stay hydrated and your mouth stays moist.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything that is too acidic or has a low pH level.
- Stay away from food that is high in sugar.
- Make sure that you eat a mouth-healthy diet that includes lean protein, dairy products, and green leafy vegetables.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day going all the way along the line of the teeth so that you do not develop gum disease.
- Stay away from bad habits that can increase your risk of developing decay, infections, or oral cancer.
Schedule an Appointment with Impladent Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry
To discuss oral hygiene and preventative care in further detail, call (714) 677-9452 and schedule an appointment with our Anaheim, CA dental office.
Natural teeth serve a very important function, and a preventive dentist can ensure they stay protected. They are the first line of the digestive system as they are used to grind down food into smaller bits that can be easily swallowed. Teeth also help in speech and communication. They are necessary to pronounce certain words,…
For anyone who grinds his or her teeth at night, there are possible options for at-home treatment. Grinding teeth can wear down the tooth enamel and cause jaw pain. Since the teeth grinding occurs at night, it can be difficult for the individual to prevent it without extra assistance. We can determine your specific needs…
Investing in preventative dental care with regular checkups will help ensure healthy teeth.Preventative dental care occurs in our office and at home with proper dental hygiene. We can perform professional cleanings and examinations, while you keep your teeth healthy by brushing at home.Preventative Dental CareAt Impladent Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry in Anaheim, we work to…